Bon Secours Volunteers come from a select pool of individuals. To become a volunteer, individuals must complete an application and interview with program staff.
Our volunteers are committed to practicing the charism of the Sisters of Bon Secours- to be good help to those in need. Volunteers also explore and uphold the 5 program pillars throughout their year of service: Live Simply, Grow Spiritually, Develop Community, Practice God’s Justice, and Learn Through Service. Learn more about the pillars here.
- single men or women between the ages of 21 and 30
- college graduates or possessing equivalent life experience
- in good physical and psychological health
And are also:
- motivated by an open and giving spirit
- attracted to the mission and charism of the Congregation of Bon Secours
- interested in practicing justice by building relationships based in service
- open to reflecting upon the connection between service and spirituality
- willing to live in community with other volunteers and to live simply during the year of service.
“Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” –Buddha